Saturday, June 6, 2009

All-natural Jerky on Etsy

As you know, I'm a Caveman.

Sometimes I need to get going in the morning and I just don't have time to make myself the proper Zone balance Caveman breakfast! Along time ago I let go of the notion of 'correct' breakfast foods and now I'll pretty much eat anything for breakfast. But it needs to be easy (and of course yummy). So I brainstormed and came up with JERKY!!

I have been making beef and turkey jerky for awhile now and boy, is it fun! I love trying different things then seeing what works and what doesn't. I haven't had too many dislikes yet, honestly. I have a good eye and hand for cooking.

So I've listed my favorite jerkies on Etsy so I can share them with others! I don't have a supply just laying around; every order will be made when ordered so I can assure you an absolutely fresh product.

Breakfast Style Jerky: This is so easy to eat and isn't chewy in the least (but please still chew it)!The awesome texture on this one was created by ground meat, crazy lean beef and crazy lean turkey ground together with spices, marinated and then formed into sausage patties. I was inspired by the lovely flavors that make breakfast sausage so good; fennel, coriander, a little agave for sweetness. There's a touch of red pepper as well, mmmm. I think you'll love it!

Steak Jerky: Have you ever had a piece of jerky that actually tasted like meat instead of marinade? They all taste like teriyaki, pepper, smoke...which is perfectly tasty and fine most of the time. Attempts to make Plain-flavor jerky fall flat when people just throw plain meat in the dehydrator. I've created a secret marinade that locks in the steak flavor! This tastes more like the steak you had last night for dinner than any jerky you've ever had!
  • Both of these are sold in Half-Pound bags and are awesome for meals or snacks on the go.
  • There is only enough salt to work with the heat to properly cure the meat.
  • NO artificial flavors or bogus tenderizers, curing agents etc etc. Simply put, no b.s.
  • Absolutely Caveman friendly jerky. When I DO use sweetener I use honey, agave, or stevia and never more than 2Tb (or equivalent) per pound of meat pre-dry! Any sweetener is listed in the description and can be swapped out or removed altogether at request.

Check it out at Etsy.com right here!

No comments: