Friday, July 10, 2009

Good Article alert!

I found this article on MSN.com while I was reading about Mongolia's current status and their not-so-secret disatisfaction with China. Anyway this article is about how the food industry tries to, as the author calls it "hijack your brain". I think you should read it if you have ever asked why it was that you were craving potato skins SO BADLY! Or if even after your completely satisfying dinner salad (no cheese or croutons, dressing on the side) you couldn't help but give in to the siren song of the peanut butter brownie sundae! I thought I was partially mad when I would look at advertisments images on t.v. showing fried chicken, corn, mashed potatoes and biscuits and translating it as fat-salt, sugar-salt, sugar-fat-salt and more sugar-fat-salt. Now I know it isn't just me! This writer is crazy too!

Oh, and if you have ever eaten the KFC grilled chicken thinking you were doing something good then this article is worth a read for you too.

No comments: