Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Too cold to work out?



Not always! I went ice fishing this past weekend with my boyfriend and some of his friends. I didn't mean to be, but I ended up being "the cold one". There has to be one person that's colder than everyone else and it happened to be me this time! Okay, every time. Now truthfully I did get a case of frost-bite while I was in Mongolia (very cold in the winter) and so now the circulation in my toes and fingertips is a little sensitive to the cold. So we had to do something other than sit at a hole and jig the fishing line.

A little CrossFit workout was JUST what we needed! A quick circuit of overhead squats with the bait bucket and pushups was perfect for getting our blood pumping.
This just goes to prove that a workout doesn't have to be complex. A workout doesn't have to take 3 hours. Just use what you have at your disposal, in this case a bait bucket, and go to it.

No excuses. Of course use discretion; I wouldn't recommend running on icy streets. But what I did say was work with that you have. If your imagination needs a little inspiration then drop me a line and we'll see what we can find for you to work with!

No comments: